Questions related to facts about India is an important part in the KPSC and all other examinations. Questions connected with Constitution of India, Freedom Struggle, National Movement, Geography of India- Physical Features- Climate-Soils- Rivers- Famous Sites , Demography- Economic and Social Development-Poverty Alleviation-Economy and Planning-, History of India, Culture, Cinema, Books and writers etc may be asked.
Here we are providing questions related to Facts about India, with accordance to the syllabus of PSC Exams. It will help you to fetch more marks in the exam. Study well and practice Mock Exam in this site.
1. May 26 is celebrated as the Science Day in Switzerland in honour of a former Indian President . Who is that President ?
Ans: Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
2. Which is the oldest civilisation in the world ?
Ans: Indus Valley Civilisation
3. The world’s largest religious gathering of people happening every 12 years in India. What is it ?
Ans: Kumbha Mela
4. The first university in the world is started around 700 BC in India. What is the name of that university?
5. India has the world’s largest school in terms of students, the City Montessori School in Lucknow. How many students are there ?
Ans: More than 55 thousand students!
6. In a village in Maharashtra, people have been living in houses with no doors for generations. Which is that village ?
Ans: Shani Shingnapur
7. The first player in chess history who won the World Championship in three different formats: knockout, tournament, and match ?
Ans: Viswanathan Anand
8. Which country discovered the value of number zero?
9. Which county produces largest number of films in the world?
10. The highest cricket pitch in the world, is situated at an elevation of 2444 meters (above the sea level). Where is it ?
Ans: Chail in Himachal Pradesh
11. India gave the world Yoga, that has existed for more than ——years ?
12. Krishnadevaraya maintained friendly relations with the
13. The guerilla warfare in Indian history was pioneered by
14. The greatness of Sher Shah lies in his ……………?
Ans: Administrative Reforms
15. The capital of the Bahmani kings was ……………?
16. Where did the traveller Ibn Batuta come from?
17. The Second Battle of Panipat was fought between ………………..?
Ans: Akbar and Hemu
18. Shahjahan built the Moti Masjid at ……………………..?
19. Muhammad-bin-Qasim conquered Sind in the year ………..?
Ans: AD 712
20. Who was the architect who designed ‘Taj Mahal’?
21. Which was the birth place of Guru Nanak?
22. Ibn Batuta visited India during the reign of ……………..?
23. Moti Masjid is situated in ……?
Ans: Red Fort, Delhi
24. A renowned Jain scholar who was greatly honoured by Akbar was …………..?
25. Which battle did open the Delhi area to Muhammad Ghori?
Ans: Second Battle of Tarain
26 . Where did Babar die?
27. When Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated, who said, “None will believe that a man like this in body and soul ever walked on this Earth”?
Ans: Albert Einstein
28. The famous Bhakti saint who belonged to the royal family of Mewar was…………?
29. Who started the ‘Servants of India Society’?
Ans: Gopal Krishna Gokhale
30. The Rama Krishna mission was established by?
Ans: Swami Vivekananda
31. The ‘Arya Samaj’ was founded by…………?
Ans: Swami Dayananda Saraswati
32. Who expounded ‘The Theory of Drain’?
Ans: Dadabhai Naoroji
33. On imprisonment in 1908 by the British , Bal Gangadhar Tilak was sent to……?
34. Aurobindo was arrested in connection with…………….?
Ans: Alipore Bomb Case
35. Hardayal, an intellectual giant, was associated with……….?
Ans: Ghadar Movement
36. The split between the ‘Extremists’ and ‘Moderates’ came up in the open at the Surat Congress Session in the year………..?
37. Who was the first known Gupta ruler?
Ans: Sri Gupta
38. The title ‘Indian Napolean’ has been attached to…………?
39. The Great Bath of Indus Valley civilization is found at…………?
40. The first metal used by man was…………….?
41. The legal advisor to the State government is known as :
Ans: Advocate – General
42. Which Article of the Constitution defines the duties of Chief Minister of an Indian State ?
Ans: Article 167
43. How many types of writs can be issued by the Supreme Court ?
44. The Supreme Court of India enjoys…………..?
Ans: Original, appellate and advisory jurisdictions
45. Who presides over the Joint Session of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha in India ?
Ans: Speaker of the Lok Sabha
46. In which list does the Union Government enjoy exclusive powers?
Ans: Union List
47. The power of the Supreme Court of India to decide disputes between the Centre and the States falls under its:
Ans: Original jurisdiction
48. The number of members included in the Constitution Drafting Committee was:
49. The tenth schedule of Indian Constitution deals with…………….?
Ans: Anti-defection legislation
50. National Income estimates in India are prepared by
Ans: Central statistical organisation
51. In India, the state known for its sandalwood is…………….?
52: .The main source of National Income in India is……………..?
Ans: Service Sector
53. Sarva Siksha Abhiyan is aimed at the education of ……….?
Ans: children between 6 – 14 years
54 .STEP is the abbreviated name of the welfare programme to help :
55.The basic aim of Lead Bank Scheme is that:
Ans: Individual banks should adopt particular districts for intensive development
56.The indexe that developed to measure life expectancy, level of literacy, education and standard of living of people in India ?
Ans: Human Development Index (HDI)
57. In India, liberal Industrial Policy was adopted in the year :
58. Raurkela Steel Plant was set up with the assistance from :
59. National Renewal Fund was constituted for the purpose of :
Ans: Restructuring and modernisation of industries
60. Which state government has signed an MoU with the US-based Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) to build India’s first Hyperloop system?
Ans: Andhra Pradesh
61. Which geographical region in India is the largest producer of keser?
62. The Kanha National Park tiger reserve is located in which state ?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
63. The famous Chilka lake is situated in which state.
64. Which two city connected from National highway no. 3 ?
Ans: Agra to Mumbai
65. The words “Satyameva Jayate” are taken from which upunished.
66. India national’s anthem was composed by ?
Ans: Rabindra nath Tagore
67. National Remote agency is located at ?
68. Largest lake in India ?
Ans: Wuler lake (Bandipora district in Jammu and Kashmir)
69. India’s largest railway plateform is at which city ?
70. Kathakali is famous dance from which state ?
71. Where is the shaking minaret located ?
72. In which state Sarika tiger sanctuary situated ?
73. On which river Hirakund dam been constructed ?
74. Bihu is the famous festival of which state ?
75. Where is “dilwara jain temple” located ?
Ans: Mount Abu
76. Ranigunj is famous for its ………………?
Ans: Coal mines
77. The grave of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti is situated at…………..?
78. The white revolution was brought about in india by ……….?
Ans: Dr. Verghese Kurien
79. The chief producer of jute in india is …………?
Ans: West Bengal
80. Where is the Hussain Sagar lake situated …………?
81. The line demarcating the boundry between india and Pakistan is………….?
Ans: Radcliff line
82. Who was the first Indian women to swim across the English channel? –
Ans: Arati Saha
83. Which state has maximum area under forest ?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
84. In which state is the Salal hydro electric project located ?
Ans: Jammu & Kashmir
85. Kuchipudi dance originated from
Ans: Andhra Pradesh
86. International Literacy Day is celebrated on ……………….?
Ans: 08, September
87. Indian Navy and Sri Lankan Navy has begun the 2017 Exercise at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. This exercise is named as ……………..?
Ans: SLINEX 2017
88. The first National Canine Seminar was organized by National Security Guard (NSG) in Manesar, Gurugram. The theme of the two days National Canine Seminar was …………….?
Ans: : Canine as Tactical Weapon in Fight against Terrorism
89. The Indravati Dam is located in which state?
90. According to Union defence ministry, the Defence Innovation Centre (DIC) will be set up in which city to assist small industries in manufacturing components for the defence sector?
91. Who was the first recipient of Dada Saheb Phalke Award?
Ans: Devika Rani
92. Who is the author of the book, ‘ The Gardner’ ?
Ans: Rabindranath Tagore?
93. Sarda Act which was sponsored by Harbilas Sarda to the British India Legislature in India was passed on 28 September 1929. This act was to prevent which of the following malice in Indian Society ?
Ans: Child marriage
94. Who was the prime Minister of England when Simon Commission came to India to review the working of Government of India Act 1919?
Ans: Stanley Baldwin
95. Where did Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose established provisional Government of Free India ?
96. Vinoba Bhave was the first person to offer satyagraha. In which year he offered individual satyagraha?
Which is the place related to salt agitation?
97. Champaran Satyagraha was the first to be started but the word Satyagraha was used for the first time in …………….?
Ans: Anti Rowlatt agitation
98. Which dispute made Gandhi ji to undertake a fast for the first time?
Ans: Ahmedabad Mill Strike
99. The impact of the first world war drew two classes of Indian society into the national movement. Who were they?
Ans: Peasants and Business groups
100. In which year the Hindu Mahasabha was established?
- Prof. (Dr.) K P Somarajan